As a responsible enterprise, we demonstrate our commitment to sustainability by growing our global presence while respecting the environment. We are committed to meeting climate-related targets. Our 10-year roadmap includes a 20% reduction in energy and water consumption, GHG emissions and waste.
- 100% of its properties certified to an international sustainability standard
- Eliminate single-use plastic items in the entire guest journey
By 2030, our goal is as follows:
- Reduce Energy Consumption by 20%
kWh per Gross Built Floor Area (sqm.)
- Reduce Greenhouse Gases Emissions by 20%
Kilogram Co2-e per Gross Built Floor Area (sqm.)
- Reduce Water Consumption by 20%
Litre per Gross Built Floor Area (sqm.)
- Reduce Waste to Landfill by 20%
Kilogram per Occupied Room
Addressing Environmental Sustainability
Earth Hour Earth Hour has been the world’s largest grassroots movement for the environment, inspiring millions of people to take action for the planet. The event is held worldwide towards the end of March annually, encouraging individuals, communities, households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights for one hour as a symbol of their commitment to the planet. Centara Hotels & Resorts has been actively participating in and hosting the Earth Hour event locally across our properties both in Thailand and Overseas. Earth Hour aims to encourage an interconnected global community to share the opportunities and challenges of creating a sustainable world (https://www.earthhour.org).
‘Going Greener’ and ‘My Green Day’
‘Going Greener’ and ‘My Green Day’ Programmes are aimed to reduce water consumption and chemical use for laundry by reusing the linens in the guest rooms more than once. We have collaterals in place to help communicate with guests to participate in these resource savings programmes.
Elimination of Single-use Plastic
The elimination of single-use plastic items is part of the “Centara Earth Care” programme. While we are committed to ensuring a respectful, safe and healthy environment to the larger society and our future generations, we encourage hotel guests and tourists to be proactive about plastic waste reduction and sustainable environmental tourism.
- Elimination of plastic straws and replaced by plant-based straws
- Elimination of plastic laundry bags and replaced by reusable material
- Elimination of room amenities and replaced by the bulk-size dispensers with proper safeguarding locks for hygiene purposes