Thailand is renowned for its abundance of delicious, exotic fruits. Packed with tons of nutrients and vitamins, fruit smoothies in Thailand are a must for visitors looking to quench their thirst while on their travels. Expect to find all types on the streets, in shopping malls and in high-end hotels. Everywhere you venture in Bangkok, you will find plenty of options. With tropical fruits such as dragon fruit, rambutan, mango and pineapple grown around the country, the fruit smoothies in Bangkok are just about the best in the world. Fresh, clean and affordable – it would be a shame not to sample one while on your adventure.
To give you a better idea of the choices in Bangkok, we have created this handy little guide that covers all types of options: street vendors/food courts, markets, restaurants, and hotels.
Street vendors/food courts
Arguably the best (and the cheapest) are the fruit smoothies sold at street vendors and food courts dotted in and around Bangkok. Expect to find sumptuous smoothies starting at about THB 45 ($1.30). To sample an authentic Thai fruit smoothie, we suggest visiting the following places:
Central Food Hall
- Located on the 7th floor of the impressive CentralWorld shopping and entertainment complex, Central Food Hall sells an array of delectable fruit smoothies that won’t break the bank.
- Expect to find a dizzying range of mouth-watering mango, strawberry, pineapple, banana, watermelon, and more at this popular gourmet food court.
- CentralWorld can be easily accessed from BTS Skytrain stations Siam and Chit Lom.
Chatuchak Weekend Market
- Chatuchak Market (or Jatujak) is one of the world’s biggest weekend markets. Situated close to the Mo Chit Skytrain station and the Chatuchak MRT stations, this expansive market is home to a wonderful selection of fresh fruit smoothies. - With dozens of stalls serving fresh fruit smoothies, you’ll be hard pressed not to find the perfect one.
Ratchada Train Market
- With numerous vendors and stalls selling a variety of food and drinks, Ratchada Train Market is one of Bangkok’s most popular and vibrant outdoor markets.
- Located very close to MRT Thailand Cultural Centre, this evening market sells a massive selection of all types of fruit smoothies.
- Make sure you get there early to grab a seat, as the market tends to get very busy with tourists and locals alike.
- Bring your own cup and straw to cut down on plastic waste.
- Always double check the sugar content.
- Make sure the fruit is fresh and in date.
With its incredible selection of shopping malls, hotels and restaurants, there are many places that purely focus on serving organic food and drinks in Bangkok. For a more upmarket experience, we suggest visiting the following places for your fruit smoothie fix:
- The aptly named ‘Broccoli Revolution’ is one of Bangkok’s premium vegan restaurants. - Offering both organic food and drinks and open at 7am on the weekend, this is one of the best places to spend those lazy weekend mornings. - Just 400m from Thong Lo BTS Station, Broccoli Revolution is a must-visit for health food enthusiasts.
- Located on the ground floor of Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld, Zing Café is one of the best places to get fresh fruit smoothies in central Bangkok. - Boasting a contemporary design, this stylish health food restaurant is the perfect place to sit back and relax with friends and family, while sampling some of Bangkok’s finest organic food and drinks. - We suggest trying the ‘Apple Sunrise’, a blended organic fruit smoothie comprising of fresh strawberries and apples. - Open from 7:30am until 7pm, this is a welcome retreat from the heat and humidity of the streets of Bangkok.
- Lots of cafes and restaurants can get busy on a weekend, so be sure to arrive early to avoid disappointment. - Always check online to find the best deals and discounts.
With such an elaborate selection of incredible places to find appetising fruit smoothies in Bangkok, where will your next food adventure take you?